The almost-bankrupt Georgia Republican Party makes a smart move by tapping former U.S. Rep. Jack Kingston of Savannah to head the party’s foundation. He narrowly lost the GOP nomination for the U.S. Senate last year to now-incumbent Sen. David Perdue, but proved himself an impressive fundraiser. Now, as Republican Foundation head, Kingston will be the state party’s lead fund-raiser to fill its coffers for the 2016 election cycle. For both the party and the affable former congressman, their boats can only RISE…
The Georgia Senate last week found time to vote on a couple of issues other than the redistricting process they were called back to Atlanta to sort out – one of those being the Atlanta law enforcement training center that has become a focus of national controversy. On Friday a resolution was introduced voicing support for the facility, which the Senate broadly supported by a 46-5 margin. All those opposed were Democrats, (three more abstained from voting) but the vote shows widespread support just as recent polls have. Georgia support for the state of the art training facility for police and other law enforcement is RISING…
- Senate Study Committee on Occupational Licensing Makes Recommendations
- Ga. Senate voices support for police training center
- Watch December’s first Georgia Gang here!
- New congressional map proposes major changes in Atlanta’s northern suburbs
- 10% Discount JMO Membership – Annual
- 10% Discount JMO Membership – Monthly