In recent years Atlanta has been all about bringing companies to it. From car companies to an entire film industry, Governor Nathan Deal and his Chamber of Commerce allies have been reeling in major businesses left and right. So it’s a bit unusual to see any company, much less a Fortune 500 one, move it’s HQ up north to New Jersey. That’s exactly what Newell brands has done though, relocating its corporate headquarters out of Atlanta. It will still continue operations in Atlanta, but a defection of that scale sees the city’s business ship DRIFTING…
The Georgia Senate last week found time to vote on a couple of issues other than the redistricting process they were called back to Atlanta to sort out – one of those being the Atlanta law enforcement training center that has become a focus of national controversy. On Friday a resolution was introduced voicing support for the facility, which the Senate broadly supported by a 46-5 margin. All those opposed were Democrats, (three more abstained from voting) but the vote shows widespread support just as recent polls have. Georgia support for the state of the art training facility for police and other law enforcement is RISING…
- Senate Study Committee on Occupational Licensing Makes Recommendations
- Ga. Senate voices support for police training center
- Watch December’s first Georgia Gang here!
- New congressional map proposes major changes in Atlanta’s northern suburbs
- 10% Discount JMO Membership – Annual
- 10% Discount JMO Membership – Monthly