A grant from Georgia philanthropist Bernie Marcus will enable Atlanta’s Shepherd Center to double the size of its program for injured veterans. After receiving about $3.8 million from the Marcus Foundation, the Shepherd Center recently purchased an approximately 15,000-square-foot building near its Buckhead campus. The hospital, the world’s largest spinal cord and brain injury facility in the world, expects to start using the building by the end of the year. For the center and the foundation– and especially America’s veterans– their boats are RISING….
Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp was joined this week by Speaker Jon Burns, R-Newington, and Lt. Gov. Burt Jones in calling for an acceleration of the state’s scheduled income tax cuts. Last year’s HB 1437 set in motion a reduction of the state’s income tax rate from 5.75% to 4.99%, to be rolled out over several years. But with a $16 billion surplus, Kemp said he will push to accelerate that process which could save Georgians $1.1 billion in 2024. The move would have Georgians’ wallets RISING…
- Kemp, Jones urge income tax cuts
- New legislative maps gain final passage in General Assembly
- VIDEO: Senator hits Raffensperger on election vulnerabilities
- Senate study committee concludes hearings on driver shortages
- State Senate committee approves new Georgia congressional map
- New Study Shows Menthol Ban Hurts Biden in Georgia