The Atlanta Falcons, regardless of how the rest of their season plays out, will roll into Mercedes-Benz Stadium with a whole lot of momentum off of an unexpected playoff appearance in 2016/17. The team sealed a division title on Saturday after defeating the Carolina Panthers, and will play to win the number 2 seed in the NFC next Sunday. A season that many thought would feature rebuilding and many losses has turned into a great one with more big games to come, and has the Falcons’ ship RISING…
It was inevitable that some Georgia state reps. would be dismayed by the proposed redistricted map, the first draft of which was unveiled this week. Eight representatives, six Democrats and two Republicans, have been drawn into the same districts. Among those – Democratic Reps. Sam Park and Greg Kennard of Lawrenceville, Reps. Teri Anulewicz and Doug Stoner of Smyrna, and Republican Reps. Beth Camp of Concord and David Knight of Griffin. The maps will be debated and potentially updated during the special session but for incumbent legislators drawn into the same districts the ship is DRIFTING…
- Will foreign-owned land be an issue in legislative session?
- From Georgia CEO: Phil Kent talks ‘Business Issue’ of James Magazine
- Foster Care and Adoption Study Committee makes final recommendations
- Redistricting spells trouble for some state reps.
- The Ray continues sustainable innovation for country’s highways
- Georgia General Assembly kicks off redistricting special session