At Thursday night’s bipartisan Georgia Society inaugural ball in Washington D.C., U.S. Rep. David Scott, D-Ga., expressed sadness that U.S. Rep. John Lewis and some other fellow Democrats were boycotting the inauguration. “This should be about all Americans and a celebration of the peaceful transfer of power,” the African-American congressman told InsiderAdvantage. Scott, known to work with members on both sides of the aisle, has been a class act since his service in the state Legislature and his boat continues to be RISING….
The Georgia Senate last week found time to vote on a couple of issues other than the redistricting process they were called back to Atlanta to sort out – one of those being the Atlanta law enforcement training center that has become a focus of national controversy. On Friday a resolution was introduced voicing support for the facility, which the Senate broadly supported by a 46-5 margin. All those opposed were Democrats, (three more abstained from voting) but the vote shows widespread support just as recent polls have. Georgia support for the state of the art training facility for police and other law enforcement is RISING…
- Senate Study Committee on Occupational Licensing Makes Recommendations
- Ga. Senate voices support for police training center
- Watch December’s first Georgia Gang here!
- New congressional map proposes major changes in Atlanta’s northern suburbs
- 10% Discount JMO Membership – Annual
- 10% Discount JMO Membership – Monthly