Georgia’s 6th District Democrat Congressional candidate Jon Ossoff says he won’t participate in a proposed Atlanta Press Club debate to be broadcast nationally. What? After falsely attacking GOP candidate Karen Handel for weeks of “hiding from debates” he is now dodging this and other debate offers. Maybe he’s worried about his hard-left donor base. He attended a closed-to-the-media “Resistance Summer” conference with anti-Semite Keith Ellison to “resist” Republicans yet pledges in his Georgia ads to work with Republicans to solve problems. As one of our readers quips: “Guess you can’t say both of those things at the same time on national television to both audiences at once.” His decision, which leaves the Press Club furious and cheats voters searching for candidate information, has the once-rising Ossoff boat springing a leak, taking water and DRIFTING…
It was inevitable that some Georgia state reps. would be dismayed by the proposed redistricted map, the first draft of which was unveiled this week. Eight representatives, six Democrats and two Republicans, have been drawn into the same districts. Among those – Democratic Reps. Sam Park and Greg Kennard of Lawrenceville, Reps. Teri Anulewicz and Doug Stoner of Smyrna, and Republican Reps. Beth Camp of Concord and David Knight of Griffin. The maps will be debated and potentially updated during the special session but for incumbent legislators drawn into the same districts the ship is DRIFTING…
- Will foreign-owned land be an issue in legislative session?
- From Georgia CEO: Phil Kent talks ‘Business Issue’ of James Magazine
- Foster Care and Adoption Study Committee makes final recommendations
- Redistricting spells trouble for some state reps.
- The Ray continues sustainable innovation for country’s highways
- Georgia General Assembly kicks off redistricting special session