If 40 is the new 30, then what is the new 116? Only one person on earth can tell us for sure, and that’s Montrose, Georgia-born Jeralean Talley, currently, (well, only since 1935 anyway) living outside of Detroit. Ms. Talley, who gained her ‘oldest on earth’ title last month, has seen quite a lot since 1899, and we hope all of our state’s children live such long and rewarding lives. Happy birthday to Jeralean, whose ship is of course RISING…
The Georgia Senate last week found time to vote on a couple of issues other than the redistricting process they were called back to Atlanta to sort out – one of those being the Atlanta law enforcement training center that has become a focus of national controversy. On Friday a resolution was introduced voicing support for the facility, which the Senate broadly supported by a 46-5 margin. All those opposed were Democrats, (three more abstained from voting) but the vote shows widespread support just as recent polls have. Georgia support for the state of the art training facility for police and other law enforcement is RISING…
- Senate Study Committee on Occupational Licensing Makes Recommendations
- Ga. Senate voices support for police training center
- Watch December’s first Georgia Gang here!
- New congressional map proposes major changes in Atlanta’s northern suburbs
- 10% Discount JMO Membership – Annual
- 10% Discount JMO Membership – Monthly