InsiderAdvantage and JAMES Magazine honored McGuire Woods as the top governmental affairs law firm in the state for 2015 at an event earlier in January. Congratulations to Michael Shelnutt, Ashley Groome, and the rest of the fine lawyers and other professionals who did so much good work in 2015.
Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp was joined this week by Speaker Jon Burns, R-Newington, and Lt. Gov. Burt Jones in calling for an acceleration of the state’s scheduled income tax cuts. Last year’s HB 1437 set in motion a reduction of the state’s income tax rate from 5.75% to 4.99%, to be rolled out over several years. But with a $16 billion surplus, Kemp said he will push to accelerate that process which could save Georgians $1.1 billion in 2024. The move would have Georgians’ wallets RISING…
- Kemp, Jones urge income tax cuts
- New legislative maps gain final passage in General Assembly
- VIDEO: Senator hits Raffensperger on election vulnerabilities
- Senate study committee concludes hearings on driver shortages
- State Senate committee approves new Georgia congressional map
- New Study Shows Menthol Ban Hurts Biden in Georgia