Many of Georgia’s top Conservatives have descended in Cleveland this week to take part in the Republican Convention, which runs from Monday through Thursday. With such heavy hitters as Ted Cruz, Mitch McConnell, Newt Gingrich, and of course the headliners in Mike Pence and Donald Trump all slated to speak, Georgia’s top Republicans rubbing shoulders with the country’s preeminent Conservative minds has their ships RISING…
It was inevitable that some Georgia state reps. would be dismayed by the proposed redistricted map, the first draft of which was unveiled this week. Eight representatives, six Democrats and two Republicans, have been drawn into the same districts. Among those – Democratic Reps. Sam Park and Greg Kennard of Lawrenceville, Reps. Teri Anulewicz and Doug Stoner of Smyrna, and Republican Reps. Beth Camp of Concord and David Knight of Griffin. The maps will be debated and potentially updated during the special session but for incumbent legislators drawn into the same districts the ship is DRIFTING…
- Will foreign-owned land be an issue in legislative session?
- From Georgia CEO: Phil Kent talks ‘Business Issue’ of James Magazine
- Foster Care and Adoption Study Committee makes final recommendations
- Redistricting spells trouble for some state reps.
- The Ray continues sustainable innovation for country’s highways
- Georgia General Assembly kicks off redistricting special session