It was a bad election night for Democrats nationwide, and Georgia was no exception. There were a few bright spots for the left though, and chief among them was the fact that Cobb County voted for Hillary Clinton over President-elect Donald Trump by 2 points. Cobb is seeing a major demographics shift, but for the county to go blue was a surprise to many. Cobb hasn’t voted for a Democratic President since Jimmy Carter in 1976. Not a great evening overall for Georgia Dems, (and that may be putting it nicely) but in Cobb at least a spark of hope has their ship RISING…
The Georgia Senate last week found time to vote on a couple of issues other than the redistricting process they were called back to Atlanta to sort out – one of those being the Atlanta law enforcement training center that has become a focus of national controversy. On Friday a resolution was introduced voicing support for the facility, which the Senate broadly supported by a 46-5 margin. All those opposed were Democrats, (three more abstained from voting) but the vote shows widespread support just as recent polls have. Georgia support for the state of the art training facility for police and other law enforcement is RISING…
- Senate Study Committee on Occupational Licensing Makes Recommendations
- Ga. Senate voices support for police training center
- Watch December’s first Georgia Gang here!
- New congressional map proposes major changes in Atlanta’s northern suburbs
- 10% Discount JMO Membership – Annual
- 10% Discount JMO Membership – Monthly