Last week’s storms didn’t bring the damaging floods or tornadoes that many expected, but down at Hartsfield-Jackson the effects are still being felt. Delays from those storms grounded dozens of Delta flights on Wednesday, creating a backlog that still has passengers with long waits and missed connections. The airline has struggled to play catch up as it works to get back on schedule and with the aftershocks of a mid-week thunderstorm still lingering, its slow response has Delta SINKING…
It was inevitable that some Georgia state reps. would be dismayed by the proposed redistricted map, the first draft of which was unveiled this week. Eight representatives, six Democrats and two Republicans, have been drawn into the same districts. Among those – Democratic Reps. Sam Park and Greg Kennard of Lawrenceville, Reps. Teri Anulewicz and Doug Stoner of Smyrna, and Republican Reps. Beth Camp of Concord and David Knight of Griffin. The maps will be debated and potentially updated during the special session but for incumbent legislators drawn into the same districts the ship is DRIFTING…
- Will foreign-owned land be an issue in legislative session?
- From Georgia CEO: Phil Kent talks ‘Business Issue’ of James Magazine
- Foster Care and Adoption Study Committee makes final recommendations
- Redistricting spells trouble for some state reps.
- The Ray continues sustainable innovation for country’s highways
- Georgia General Assembly kicks off redistricting special session