We’re getting word that the State House of Representatives will convene at 10 AM on Friday.
Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp was joined this week by Speaker Jon Burns, R-Newington, and Lt. Gov. Burt Jones in calling for an acceleration of the state’s scheduled income tax cuts. Last year’s HB 1437 set in motion a reduction of the state’s income tax rate from 5.75% to 4.99%, to be rolled out over several years. But with a $16 billion surplus, Kemp said he will push to accelerate that process which could save Georgians $1.1 billion in 2024. The move would have Georgians’ wallets RISING…
- Kemp, Jones urge income tax cuts
- New legislative maps gain final passage in General Assembly
- VIDEO: Senator hits Raffensperger on election vulnerabilities
- Senate study committee concludes hearings on driver shortages
- State Senate committee approves new Georgia congressional map
- New Study Shows Menthol Ban Hurts Biden in Georgia