The Cobb County commissioners this week approved a plan to move forward with designing a bridge across I-285 connecting Suntrust Park with the Cobb Galleria. A budget and funding plan will come later, but the original plan’s price tag sits at around $9 million. Critics though say that number is wildly low, pointing to the pedestrian bridge, (the Braves’ bridge will have bus traffic) over 400 in Buckhead that cost nearly $40 million. The chance that this bridge may wind up taking big time money out of the pockets of the county sees the project DRIFTING…
The Georgia Senate last week found time to vote on a couple of issues other than the redistricting process they were called back to Atlanta to sort out – one of those being the Atlanta law enforcement training center that has become a focus of national controversy. On Friday a resolution was introduced voicing support for the facility, which the Senate broadly supported by a 46-5 margin. All those opposed were Democrats, (three more abstained from voting) but the vote shows widespread support just as recent polls have. Georgia support for the state of the art training facility for police and other law enforcement is RISING…
- Senate Study Committee on Occupational Licensing Makes Recommendations
- Ga. Senate voices support for police training center
- Watch December’s first Georgia Gang here!
- New congressional map proposes major changes in Atlanta’s northern suburbs
- 10% Discount JMO Membership – Annual
- 10% Discount JMO Membership – Monthly