Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed’s office over the weekend announced that Hartsfield-Jackson General Manager Miguel Southwell had been fired. Southwell had overseen a massive development plan for the airport in recent months, and his firing came as a surprise to many. Some have speculated that the move comes as a result of Southwell’s harsh criticism of the TSA, which wasn’t taken well by some in Washington D.C. With uncertainty at the top, the world’s busiest airport is DRIFTING…
The Georgia Senate last week found time to vote on a couple of issues other than the redistricting process they were called back to Atlanta to sort out – one of those being the Atlanta law enforcement training center that has become a focus of national controversy. On Friday a resolution was introduced voicing support for the facility, which the Senate broadly supported by a 46-5 margin. All those opposed were Democrats, (three more abstained from voting) but the vote shows widespread support just as recent polls have. Georgia support for the state of the art training facility for police and other law enforcement is RISING…
- Senate Study Committee on Occupational Licensing Makes Recommendations
- Ga. Senate voices support for police training center
- Watch December’s first Georgia Gang here!
- New congressional map proposes major changes in Atlanta’s northern suburbs
- 10% Discount JMO Membership – Annual
- 10% Discount JMO Membership – Monthly